Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Counting My Blessings

Well, I have survived the week so far. God did an amazing thing in my heart today. For some reason, everything I looked at or experienced, I counted a blessing. Now for someone who has felt stuck in a rut lately, wondering why everything goes wrong at once and what plans God has for life's challenges, this was a great accomplishment!

Last night we had horrific storms here in Charlotte, with clapping thunder and booming lightning. Huge trees were cut in half and fallend down in my neighborhood, just missing beautiful homes. But my house and my family were safe this morning, and I awoke to a beautiful ray of sunshine across my bed.

I had a house full of five kids this morning, between my 3 and my sister's 2 children. For some, that could sound like a nightmare, but I awoke to the sounds of laughter and playing. I was blessed to be able to provide a happy home for my kids, but also for my neice and nephew to stay while their mom was in the hospital.

I went jogging this morning in the beautiful warm sunshine, and thanked God for my health.

I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist because she lost her top retainer, which costs $120.00 to replace, but I was thankful I could afford to pay for it.

I drove up to visit my sister in the hospital, but was blessed by being the person who was able to brighten her day by bringing her children there to spend time with her. My spirits were lifted as we laughed and talked, and I realized that she was feeling a little better today.

I went to the doctor with my husband about his injured hand, and was reassured by the doctor that after four to six weeks, he should have full mobility of his hand again. He was bummed he can't play golf for a while, but I can live with that (smiles). I thanked God for the wonderful husband that He gave me and that his injury was no worse than it was.

I drove to church this evening in a raging wind, rain, lighting, and hail storm, to help out with a special children's program that my friend and fellow speaker (Van Walton) happened to be doing at our church. I was blessed by the smiles of the children and how Van touched their hearts with her special story of her dog Air and how Christ calls us all into His presence.

And last but not least, I was immensely blessed by the dozens and dozens of comments and emails from so many of you, letting me know that you were praying for me, my family, and all of my P31 sisters. I felt those prayers - thank you so much! I can't wait to meet many of you at She Speaks next week, and I know that the weekend will be so packed full of blessings, that my cup will be overflowing! I can hardly wait!


P.S. Winner!! The winner of my book Reinventing Your Rainbow is Kim Tifton, from Georgia! Congratulations Kim!

Counting My Blessings SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Tracie,
Glad to read that you had a thankful day!
My youngest 2 daughters are in the process of getting braces, and it about killed me with the price for two sets. Then I realized how blessed I was to be able to pay for it!
Jenny

Jodie Wolfe said...

Tracie,
I am praising God with you. I pray that you will continue to feel His peace and presence as you gear up for next week.

Blessings,
Pearls

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I have been praying for you and for the other team members getting ready for the She Speaks conference next week. Although I do write and I do sometimes speak, I won't be able to attend this meeting. But I look forward to hearing all about it.
I pray that God will bless each of you individually and as a group.

God bless you,
Marilyn in MS

Anonymous said...

Hi sweet friend! I as well have been praying for you, Christie and Michael. I'm so happy that the LORD has seen fit that all prayers have been answered just like we'd like. I would have sent you an email directly, however windstream is having some difficulties this morning. That's ok, praise the Lord for blogs! I might see you at She Speaks! It will be a short, but sweet trip... more later. Much love - Dawn T.

Kim said...

Wow!!! Thanks so much! I'm so excited. How do I get it? I can't wait to read it. I know that God will use it in my life as I minister to the women at the battered women's shelter. Thanks so much.

Kim