Thursday, August 16, 2012

Know A Twenty-something Young Woman?

Hi friends,  today I am guest posting over at my P31 sister Sarah Francis Martin's blog, www.liveitoutblog.com and I would love for you to hope over and visit Sarah!

Sarah has a passion to encourage young women who are struggling through the years of their twenties, and help them deal with all the drama that decade brings. Oh, how I wish I had had someone like Sarah to talk to and learn from when I was in my twenties!

I answered a few interview questions with Sarah as she prepared her blog post for today, and as I pondered how to answer them, I realized that I was totally directionless in my twenties!

As I took a concentrated look back to try to remember what my focus was at that time in my life, it became so clear that I was so caught up the drama of trying to make it as a wife, mom and career woman, that I was completely directionless and clueless about God's plan for my life.

I know I'm not the only girl who felt that way back then, and that there are plenty of young women feeling that way right now.

The twenty-something era can be tough, especially for this generation with all the technological advancement, social media and lack of morality in our culture. And that is exactly why God calls women like Sarah to minister to and mentor young women who are trying to find their way in the world, without losing themselves, their faith or their purpose.

I also want to tell you about Sarah's new book Stress Point: Thriving Through Your Twenties In A Decade Of Drama. It addresses so many issues that twenty-something women have to deal with at this stressful time in their life, and to encourage them to live for Christ.

If you are a twenty-something, or you know a twenty-something young woman, who could use some encouragement and girlfriend connection time, then check out Sarah's blog, and the Proverbs 31 She Seeks blog where Sarah contributes blog posts and vlogs every week!

Know A Twenty-something Young Woman?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: