Sunday, October 26, 2008

A God sized weekend

I had such an amazing weekend. Have you ever asked God to show you something or confirm something for you.... and then He actually did? That is what happened to me this weekend, and it was awesome!

I spent the weekend in the beautiful mountains of Dahlonega, Georgia with the womens group from Centerville Baptist in Georgia. The fall air was crisp and the trees were like colorful rainbows along the roads. I even got to stay in a fancy log cabin, and ride in a private jet to get there! (which of course made me feel all special and important!) A huge thanks to my awesome pilots Mike and his son Ross!











The ladies at Centerville were amazing (if you are visiting my blog because you attended the retreat this weekend, then welcome! It was so great to meet you and I hope you come back again soon!).

On Saturday night after the last evening session and right before I had to leave, I shared with these precious women how much the weekend had meant to me. I knew they had invited me as their speaker to encourage them, but I also knew in my heart that Christ had sent me there to be encouraged.

Friday morning, I sat down with a cup of coffee to review my messages for the weekend, and found myself feeling anxious and to be honest, regretting that I had to go out of town. It was cold and raining outside, plus my daughter had told me earlier that morning about a plane crash her friends dad was involved in - and I was getting on a private plane in just a few hours!

It also turned out that Morgan was having her first High School Ladies Ensemble Chorus concert on Friday night, and I was going to miss it. Kaitlyn had a newly scheduled cheerleading competition on Saturday morning and her final tournament ballgame that afternoon, and I was going to miss them. My son, Michael, was playing in a tournament football game, and I was going to miss it. So to top it all off, I was seriously ill from a severe case of mommy-guilt!

So I got on my knees and prayed. I prayed for the retreat, for safe travels, and for all the ladies who would be attending. I prayed for my family to be safe while I was away and for my husband to survive. I prayed for God's wisdom in what I would be sharing, and the strength to share my testimony which is always hard. I prayed that hearts would be prepared to hear Him speak.

And lastly, I asked Him to show me that being away from my family, and being a speaker, was actually making a difference in His kingdom. I apparently had been listening to the wrong voices lately and was doubting what God had called me to do. The mommy guilt was taking over, and the insecurities were pouring in.

Then it happened. Friday night, after sharing my testimony, one lady came up and shared how she had been struggling with similar sins her past, and how my story had helped her heart to heal.

Another lady shared with me how God had called her to share her testimony over the weekend, and how she was scared to, but felt more empowered now.

Many other ladies shared individually with me how certain things I had said were meant directly for them; that verses I shared would help them get through a certain situation; that they now believed that their suffering could be used to Gods glory; and that all things are possible with God; that God is truly in control.

Another woman shared how she did not want to come to the retreat and almost didnt, because she was afraid of opening up to people, but her husband encouraged her to come and to be "transparent"....... my first session was all about being transparent for Christ.

Woman after woman approached me, in confidence, to let me know that my being there made a difference in their life. Now dont think Im getting a big head - far from it. I was humbled beyond belief. I dont even remember all the words I shared, because God took over each time I stepped on stage, and it was all about Him and nothing about me. God moved.

One little plea for confirmation and affirmation.......one little plea for mercy and grace.......dozens of tangible answers standing right in front of me, with hugs, tears, smiles and encouragement.

God is so good. If you havent seen Him actively working in your life, ask Him to make His presence known today. Are you serving Him in some way and beginning to wonder if what you are doing really matters? Ask Him to show you that it is - because trust me - it is! Trust God - it is!

God answers prayers. From little ones to big ones. I stand in awe and amazement how personal God is to each one of us. Thank you Lord for your faithfulness.

FOR THE LADIES OF CENTERVILLE: Many of you requested the information I shared about the applications of colors being used in scripture, and below is that information for you. Feel free to print, copy and paste as desired and let me know if you have any questions! I enjoyed meeting all of you so much - I am so thankful for my new Georgia friends!

Amber
Symbolizes the Glory of God

Black
One of the more commonly used colors in the Bible; describes the color of the middle of the night (Proverbs 7:9); diseased skin (Job 30:30); healthy hair (Song of Solomon 5:11; Matthew 5:36); corpses' faces (Lamentations 4:8); the sky (Jeremiah 4:28); the darkening of the sun and the moon (Joel 2:10); horses (Zechariah 6:2; Revelation 6:5); and marble (Esther 1:6). The color black symbolizes sin, death, and famine.


Blue
It also describes the sky, Heaven, and the Holy Spirit. wall hanging. Often used in tabernacle Ex 25:4, ex 28:15 Used by royalty Esther 8:15


Brown
A dark, blackish color referred only to sheep (Genesis 30:32-33, 35, 40).

Crimson
Crimson linen was used in the temple (II Chronicles 2:7, 14, 3:14); the color must have been indelible or permanent (Jeremiah 4:30), as crimson is used figuratively as sin. (Isaiah 1:18).Often refers to blood atonement and sacrifice.

Gold
As gold is the highest, most precious metal, so the divine nature is the highest nature, the only nature having immortality (Exodus 28:36; Psalm 21:3).

Green
Normally describes vegetation; used of pastures (Psalm 23:2); herbage (II Kings 19:26); trees in general (Deuteronomy 12:2; Luke 23:31; Revelation 8:7); the marriage bed (in a figurative sense, Song of Solomon 1:16); a hypocrite compared to a papyrus plant (Job 8:16); and grass (Mark 6:39).Most often associated with the meaning of growth.

Purple
The most precious of ancient dyes made from a shellfish found in the Mediterranean Sea. A total of 250,000 mollusks was required to make one ounce of the dye, which partly accounts for its great price. It was highly valued within the nation of Israel. Used in several features of the tabernacle (Exodus 26:1, 27:16) and the temple (II Chronicles 2:14); the color of royal robes (Judges 8:26); the garments of the wealthy (Proverbs 31:22; Luke 16:19); the vesture of a harlot (Revelation 17:4); and the robe placed on Jesus (Mark 15:17, 20). This color symbolizes kingship and royalty.

Red
Describes natural objects such as Jacob's stew (Genesis 25:30); the sacrificial heifer (Numbers 19:2); wine (Proverbs 23:31); newborn Esau (Genesis 25:25); Judah's eyes (Genesis 49:12); the eyes of the drunkard (Proverbs 23:29); and the dragon (Revelation 12:3). The color of blood, it often symbolizes life; it also suggests bloodshed in the carnage of war.

Scarlet
Scarlet cord was tied around the wrist of Zerah (Genesis 38:28-30); used a great deal in the tabernacle (Exodus 25:4); the color of cord hung from Rahab's window (Joshua 2:18); a mark of prosperity (II Samuel 1:24; Proverbs 31:21); the color of the robe placed on Jesus (Matthew 27:28); though scarlet and purple were not always distinguished (Mark 15:17); color of the beast ridden by the harlot Babylon (Revelation 17:3) along with some of her garments (Revelation 17:4) and those of her followers (Revelation 18:16). Often refers to blood atonement and sacrifice.

Silver
Used to represent the truth. (Psalm 12:6)

White
The color of animals (Genesis 30:35); manna (Exodus 16:31);
-the robes of the righteous (Revelation 19:8); -forgiven sins (Psalm 5:7, Isaiah 1:8);
- the beloved one (Song of Solomon 5:10); -
-the shining garments of angels (Revelation 15:6) and of the transfigured Christ (Matthew 17:2);
and the great throne of judgment (Revelation 20:11). Portrays purity, righteousness, joy, light, and a white horse symbolizes victory.

Yellow
Indicates the greenish cast of gold (Psalm 68:13)

A God sized weekendSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Wow Tracie! Rejoicing in all God did for you this past weekend and how He answered your prayers. This is such encouragement for me as I'm speaking at a ladies event out of town on Tuesday morning. I pray that I am only His channel and that the hearts of the ladies present will be open to receive whatever the Lord has for them. I love how God is so personal with each of us. We have a God who answers prayers!

Really enjoyed reading the colour applications in Scripture. Thought is was funny that 'brown' is only used when referring to sheep. My last name is Brown - and I am His sheep, and He is my Shepherd.

Have a great week,
Joy

Terri said...

Thanks, Tracie, for being with us this past weekend. I really enjoyed your sessions, and getting to know you. The weekend was a great time for all of us ladies to "take off our masks." I renewed some ties, and made some new ones. We are talking about continuing this spirit of being real by forming small groups of accountability. God used you to begin this process.

It was wonderful to hear the story of Proverbs 31. I remember hearing of it a few years ago on Focus on the Family. I am so excited about the "She Speaks" conference that you told us about! This is an answer to a prayer of direction for me. I have signed up to be notified when registration opens, and I will be there!

God Bless you, your family, and the ministry that you are a part of. Oh, and please tell "Superdad" that the ladies of Centerville are so very appreciative of his role in your being with us!

Terri