Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One exciting week of doing nothing

My children are all on spring break this week. Whoo hoo! It is wonderful! No alarm clocks, chaotic mornings, homework, sports practices, or after-school activities. Freedom I tell you!

The only bad thing is trying to come up with things to do! Usually we try to travel somewhere for spring break, but we decided to wait until this summer to take our big vacation. So here we are at home.

Monday we went to see Mall Cop, and thank goodness it was at the 'dollar movie', and it was .50 cent ticket day! So I only paid a total of $2.50 for five of us to see the silliest movie ever. Then we trekked over to Walmart to waste time and discover some items that we didnt know, until we got there, that we couldnt live without.

Yesterday we went to an indoor water park, which would have been a lot of fun, if all the kids had not been overtaken by extreme chlorine inhalation! Geeesh - you wouldnt believe the amount of chlorine there. My nephew threw up, my son had a stomach ache, and the rest of the kids were coughing so excessively that we had to leave. Even though I didnt get in the water, my eyes and lungs were burning. That cant be healthy.

Morgan had been begging to do some tye-dying, so that was one of our important purchases at Walmart. So last night, they dyed away! Now I have to go purchase more socks and t-shirts since they tried to grab every loose clothing article in the house to dye. I had to draw the line at my brand new footie socks for tennis though.

They finished up their project with red and purple stained hands, which we will probably get to look at for a week, but their efforts turned out great!



Today Morgans boyfriend, love-of-her life Colby, whose name I hear at least 47 times every day, is coming over for a couple hours, just to hang out and eat my famous buffalo chicken pizza and southern sweet tea. Then Im off to play tennis for a couple hours, while my son plays golf with my husband, and girls babysit my tennis partners kids. What a great arrangement!

Tomorrow morning I have a tennis match, and the kids can just sleep in and watch TV until I get home. Then who knows what amazingly fun things we can do! Ha. Ha. It is supposed to be beautiful, so maybe we will go on a picnic or something.

Friday we plan to go visit my Dad and his wife, who live at the beach, and we will spend the weekend visiting with them and enjoying the spring sunshine. That should be a great end to a great week.

Morgan said this was the most boring spring break ever, and I guess I cant disagree really, compared to taking a tropical vacation of course. But as for me, its been great. I got to spend a super Easter holiday with my husband and family, and five straight days with my sweet children, and honestly, that is the best week I could have asked for.

One exciting week of doing nothingSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

2 comments:

Joyful said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful week!!!! Continue to enjoy.

Hugs,
Joy
PS. The girls shirts look amazing!

Becky Avella said...

I wish Spring Break was later around here. It is always the last week of March, and the weather never cooperates. I hope you have a great week with your kids, enjoying them, the sunshine, and the beach. : )

I am so excited about She Speaks this summer. I hope I get a chance to meet you while I'm there.

: ) Becky